Welcome

Welcome to St. George's Church website. The Church is situated in the Parish of Clyst St. George in the Diocese of Exeter, Devon and serves parishioners in  Clyst St. George, Ebford and the outlying areas.






  • South face of the church

    It is known that the chancel of a stone church on the site of the present church was built about 1300, the tower and nave about 1420, however the list of rectors listed on a board in the church goes back as far as 1238 without interuption. By 1322 the church belonged to the Priory of Merton in Surrey.


  • Chancel

    The Gibbs family of Pytte House, Clyst St.George played a significant part in the life of the church particularly in the post-second world war restoration. the altar rails were given in memory of Captain Evan Gibbs, killed in action in 1940.


Clyst St. George Parish Church